Interior Designer Garrett Carter lends his curated picks. op's picks — Aug 05
Now more than ever, it's become so important to feel comfortable in our homes. After all, they've have become personal safe havens, workout areas, mini-offices, and more during these trying times, so investing in your space is definitely worth the effort. Olivia herself even recently updated her home bar cart, turning a section of her dining area into a bonafide happy hour station. And given these circumstances, now's the opportunity to enhance your home with decorative elements that offer an elevated sense of comfort, versatility, and overall joy. Here, designer Garrett Carter shares his curated eye for top suggestions that all exude a little hint of luxury.
1. There's no better accessory than a piece that combines beautiful aesthetics with memorabilia all-in-one. A picture frame is one of the few home décor objects that can do just that, all while providing the opportunity to bring a personal touch into a setting. We love the curves and materials of this marbleized and polished silver style frame.
2. Easy, quick, and practical; Nespresso's espresso machines bring flavor and energy into one's everyday routine. These machines aren't cumbersome like most coffee makers and also don't look too shabby on a kitchen countertop either.
3. Natural elements such as plants and flowers in the home are proven to relieve stress and anxiety. During times like today, it only feels appropriate to treat yourself or a loved one to a floral arrangement that's a little extra special. Bloom Flowers in New York City offers a wide selection of beautifully structured arrangements at just a click of a button.
4. When it comes to bringing warmth, layers, and comfort into a space, the lighting is key. Whether it's a central chandelier in a living room, a table lamp for a console system, or a task-oriented reading light, lighting can make or break a moment in the house. Task lights help provide additional illuminance to a specific surface area and immediately creates a sense of intimacy. This lamp is a sophisticated yet swanky choice that we love the timeless appearance of.
5. Every household deserves a pleasant home scent. Perfect for summertime without being too overpowering, the white musk candle by Flair Home Collection is simply divine and refreshing.
6. Not only do throws help when the AC is blasting during the summer months, but they also add layering, patterns, color, and texture. Whether draped over the back of a sofa or piled in a chic basket, throw blankets are an easy and affordable way to add extra comfort to a room in a snap.
7. The ultimate home décor accessory, coffee table books bring intrigue and sophistication into an interior space. They showcase a homeowner's personal style, influences, and passions in the world. They're also one of the few home decorative accessories that one can be pick-up and leisurely past time with on the living room sofa. Inspired by Conde Nast Traveler's favorite people on their favorite hotel destinations, Chic Stays by Assouline is the perfect choice book that will have you excited to travel again.
8. Self-care is vital in today's world at home, and given that we're all washing our hands more now than probably ever before, we might as well treat ourselves while we're at it. This hand wash and pairing lotion are both therapeutic and well worth the splurge.
9. A beautiful and cathartic way to express your notes, ideas, and goals is by journaling at the end of a day. It's an underrated lost art in today's world that often brings ample reflection and stability. Crafted from cross-grain leather, Smythson's notebooks are high-quality and perfect for jotting down thoughts.
10. Working from home just became more enjoyable and sophisticated. Ace the WFH desktop with an accessory set that marries function with style for your "office" station. The "Shagreen" collection from Aerin is seriously chic, and a neatly organized setup may boost productivity.